GRILLING: NOT JUST SUMMERTIME ACTIVITY
MOST PEOPLE ASSUME THAT GRILLING MUST TAKE PLACE ON SOME GAS POWERED /COAL BRIQUETTE FIRED BBQ OUTDOOR RIG THAT WOULD BE MORE APPROPRIATE FOR A COOKING SHOW.
YOU CAN MAKE DINNER IN 10 MINUTES
INSIDE GRILLING - USING YOUR OVEN ON LOW BROIL
IF YOU ARE IN HURRY BUT WANT TO BE HEALTHY … COME HOME AND GRILL SOME FISH!!!
BUY SOME FISH FROM A REPUTABLE SOURCE. IF SALMON IS YOUR FAVORITE KNOW THAT ORGANIC WILD CAUGHT GRILLS QUICKLY
FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE STEPS TO COOK YOUR SALMON
SPRINKLE SOME KOSHER SALT ON THE SKIN SIDE
RUB SOME BLACK PEPPER ON THE FLESH SIDE
PLACE IT IN A GLASS OR STEEL PAN THAT HAS BEEN SPRAYED WITH A LITTLE BIT OF OIL (A THIN COATING OF OLIVE OIL IS MY FAVORITE HEALTHY CHOICE FOR SALMON, BUT A THIN COATING OF BLACK SEED OIL (CUMIN) GIVES OOMPH FOR WHITE FLESH FISH)
TURN ON THE LOW BROIL SETTING ON YOUR OVEN AND PLACE YOUR FISH ON THE FIRST RUNGS JUST BELOW THE HEATING ELEMENTS IN YOUR OVEN
WATCH THE FISH
IN 6 MINUTES A ONE INCH THICK PIECE OF SALMON IS SLIGHTLY COOKED
AND IN 10 MINUTES A ONE INCH THICK PIECE OF IS ON THE VERGE OF OVERCOOKING
THERE IS A GENERAL CHART FOR MOST NON-PINK FLESHED FISH
YOU WILL KNOW IF IT IS OVERCOOKED IF YOU START SEEING LITTLE WHITE BALLS (BLISTERS) ON THE FLESH SIDE OF YOUR SALMON
REMOVE FROM THE PAN AND PLACE IT ON YOUR PLATE. FISH UNDER LOW BROIL COOK FOR @ 1-2 MINUTES MORE ON YOUR PLATE SO IF YOU DID 6 MINUTES IT WILL NOT BE RAW. SPRINKLE SOME LEMON JUICE OR EVEN SOME ITALIAN DRESSING OVER YOUR FISH AS WELL AS YOUR SALAD OR OTHER VEGGIES. ENJOY YOUR VERY HEALTHY QUICKLY CREATED FISH BASED MEAL.
Quick and Healthy Series
Seafood 4 U Now Salmon Fillets
For anytime grilling
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
3 to 4 garlic cloves minced or 1 teaspoon garlic powder =3 cloves
Pepper and salt optional
Four 6 to 8 ounce each fillet of salmon
In a large bowl combine soy sauce, olive oil garlic and optional spices (salt/pepper)
Then roll our fillets in this mix and cover the fillets in the fridge @2 hours.
Heat your grill in the oven to 375 degrees F. If this is an open grill heat it to 450 degrees F.
Cook the fillets on a lightly oiled baking sheet lined with tin foil and watch the fillets. 5 to 10
Minutes and you should see the flesh of the fillets go from pink to white. The white cooked flesh flakes easily when poked with a fork. Enjoy!
Grilled Garlic & Herb Shrimp
- 2 teaspoons ground paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning blend
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 2 pounds large shrimp (13-15 per pound), tail on & deveined from Seafood 4 U Now LLC.
- Whisk the paprika, garlic, Italian seasoning, lemon juice, olive oil, pepper, basil, and brown sugar together in a bowl until thoroughly blended. Stir in the shrimp, & toss to evenly coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours, turning once.
- Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat. Lightly oil grill grate, and place about 4 inches from heat source.
- Remove shrimp from marinade, drain excess, and discard marinade.
- Place shrimp on preheated grill and cook, turning once, until opaque in the center, 5 to 6 minutes. Serve immediately. Can be served with rice or pasta
Blog readers special
Our Bacon Wrapped Scallops are elegant enough for a dinner party or a romantic dinner for two and easy enough to prepare on a busy weeknight. In less than 20 minutes you can cook bacon wrapped scallops in the oven to tender, juicy perfection or pan sear in garlic butter.
$40.00 for a box of 10. Phone orders get $2.00 off